Psalm 16

-1-
Expatriation means tears,
And my homeland is far.
Oh Ali..
Portray my return,
My days have never known happiness,
Nor my tears cessation.
-2-
My past remains not..
And the present incapable
Of healing,
I am dissatisfied
As an expatriate,
Tell me something to console me.
-3-
“Homeland is where you’re happy..”
What are you saying!?
Oh Ali..
Your words are a fountain of joy,
Improving our way of thinking.
-4-
“Homeland is where you reside..”
Oh Ali..
Elaborate further;
“.. A land whose boundaries are unknown,
Is tiny,
Size irrespective.”
-5-
And expatriation?
“.. Expatriation is being isolated
From God,
From a brother
Whose existence you denied.
The faithful expatriate,
In heaven itself.
Defines his homeland’s boundaries.”
-6-
Does that mean I live it?
“.. A life of piety,
God abandons no one.
Without him,
You’re deemed worthless,
Your faith is the homeland.”
-7-
And my soil?
“.. Your soil is mortgaged,
Since the inception of time
And all ‘THAT’
Which you have saved,
Is insufficient
To discharge such mortgage.”
-8-
Oh Ali..
You ease my mind
Through the words
Which exalted God,
You’ve expanded my horizons,
To inhabit this whole world.
**