Psalms 1

-1-
I asked you about myself,
Answer me.
How can I save myself?
How can I flee a world
Which tires me
And which is devoid of honest men?
-2-
I asked you about my life.
About my religion,
About ALLAH whom you sustain
Through your words.
They injected lies into my veins,
Rid me of the lies.
-3-
All my feelings are in my psalms,
And my psalms are the feeling of all.
Oh Ali..
You possess my thoughts,
Through which,
You may appear.
-4-
Oh, greater than my love,
I cherish you.
Oh, light overflowing with light!
Had I not crowned you
Upon my heart
It would have falsified
Previous coronations.
-5-
To me,
Your name,
Image and body
Are a revered holy trinity.
Thinker,
Muse,
Preacher,
Soldier,
A master who defies description.
-6-
Your voice is a field,
Your books are clouds,
Continuously watering our crops
To nourish us in times of gloom
And strengthen us for the harvest.
-7-
You who are self perfected,
You the secret,
And keeper of secrets.
Through your philosophy,
Through your sayings,
A sun has shone
And a day emerged.
-8-
.. Your stance
Upon the pulpit,
Carried us on the wing of the wind.
By the raising of your hand
We were glorified,
Oh Ali..
And praise of ALLAH were voiced.
**